How Our Data Scientist in Python Career Path Works
Our courses are designed so that there are no prerequisites and no prior experience required. Master mandatory data scientist technical skills like Python and object-oriented and functional programming. Along the way, you’ll also learn key libraries such as scikit-learn, Matplotlib, NumPy, and pandas. Moreover, discover everything you need to know about web scraping and SQL queries in our Python data science courses.
These courses will teach you the calculus needed to understand, explain, and complete tasks like machine learning algorithms, image recognition, deep learning, and predictive analytics, among others.
Most data science programs stop there, since those are all the skills needed to become a data scientist, but we took it a step further. To differentiate yourself even more from other candidates, we included concepts such as the UNIX command line, Git, and Github to develop collaboration and efficiency.
At Dataquest, we know that navigating a brand new career path is a lot to process, so we teach differently. All of our courses are hands-on and interactive. Say goodbye to dull, lengthy videos. With Dataquest, you’ll be writing and running real code and validating your new skills daily. If you get stuck, we’ll provide the support you need. Here’s how the data scientist curriculum is set up:
- Our Python data science career path consists of a series of courses that include intro to Python for beginners all the way to advanced Python for data science.
- You’ll be writing real code and answering practice problems that’ll help you master specific skills required for data science.
- At the end of each course, you’ll complete a guided project to apply your new skills while building your portfolio to show potential employers.
- Upon completion of each course, you’ll be issued a certificate that you can share with your professional network or use to enhance your resume.
- After completing the entire path, you’ll be armed with all the skills necessary to become a data scientist!
Sign up for a free account to try any course in this path. To complete courses and earn certificates, you’ll need a Premium subscription, which unlocks all of our course content, practice problems, guided projects, and even access to our Premium-only career forum to help you navigate your path towards becoming a data scientist.
Who is this Data Scientist in Python Career Path For?
The data scientist career path starts you out at the beginning, which means that it can be for anyone. There is no experience required to start.
This career path is for individuals who are ready for an exciting career switch, data professionals who are looking to advance in their field, college students pursuing data science who want to get job-ready, and more!