How Our Python for Data Science Intermediate Course Works
The data scientist career path starts you out at the beginning, which means that it can be for anyone. There is no experience required to start.
This career path is for individuals who are ready for an exciting career switch, data professionals who are looking to advance in their field, college students pursuing data science who want to get job-ready, and more!
Take this intermediate course only after you’ve mastered all the basics covered in our Python fundamentals courses. Alternatively, if you already have some knowledge of Python you can try this course out and be on your way to becoming a data scientist.
Through comprehensive and hands-on learning, this intermediate course gives you the opportunity to work with object-oriented programming concepts as well as dates and times in Python.
We believe the best way to learn data skills is by application. This is why, starting day one, you’ll write real code. Instead of learning with hundreds of hours of videos, you’ll be learning by writing hundreds of lines of code and solving problems.
Throughout this course, we’ll teach you the essential techniques for preparing, cleaning, analyzing, and manipulating data in Python. In addition, you’ll hone your skills by formatting strings, working with loops, and managing dates and times with powerful Python libraries.
Along with these new techniques, you’ll also discover new concepts that you’ll undoubtedly need as a successful data scientist. For example, you’ll become familiar with object-oriented programming, an essential aspect of coding with Python.
Another great thing about Dataquest is its focus on guided projects to help build compelling portfolios. If you want to get hired fast, a strong portfolio is at the top of the list of things hiring managers look for in a qualified candidate. That’s why virtually every Dataquest course contains a challenging project, which, once complete, will make a great addition to your portfolio.
Additionally, thanks to our vibrant and supportive community of students and professionals, you’ll never learn alone with Dataquest. Our community is always ready to lend a helping hand. And if you’re ever in a bind or need a hand from our powerful support tools, we’re only a click away.
Here’s a glance at our Python for Data Science Intermediate course:
- This course is the third and final course in the Python Basics for Data Analysis Skill Path. It consists of the five lessons listed below, which cover intermediate data science techniques in Python.
- You’ll write real code with dozens of practice problems to validate and apply your skills.
- At the end of each course, you’ll complete a guided project to reinforce your new knowledge and expand your portfolio.
- When you complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate that you can share with your professional network.
- Once you complete this course, you’ll be ready for more advanced Python courses.
- Engage with our friendly community of data professionals, get feedback on your projects, and keep building your skills.
Who Is The Python for Data Science Intermediate Course for?
Whether you’re a beginner or an up-and-coming data professional seeking to advance your skills, we created this course with you in mind.
Here are a few people who would benefit from this Python course:
- Intermediate Python users looking to advance fundamental data science knowledge
- People who want a career as a data analyst or data scientist
- People who want a career as a Python programmer
- People seeking remote work
- Anyone who works with data in telecommunication, finance, education, and healthcare
- Junior data scientists or data analysts who want to advance in their current positions
- Anyone who wants to be able to capture, process, and interpret data
- Students who want to develop a competitive portfolio