How Our SQL Fundamentals Skill Path Works
If you enjoy working with excel-based spreadsheets and using VLOOKUP, then you’ll love learning SQL. In these introductory courses, you’ll learn SQL queries through hands-on learning. Our courses are designed so that you can start from scratch — no prior experience with SQL, programming, or statistics is required! We don’t teach like other online schools or coding bootcamps. No more long videos, boring lectures, or looking through endless resources to learn new skills.
You’ll learn SQL by doing, writing real queries to acquire, filter, and analyze data from real SQL databases. Then you’ll synthesize your learning with guided projects you can showcase on your resume!
You’re never alone in your studies. Should you need help or have any questions, our support tools and our amazing community are here to help.
Overall, the skill path will take about 20 hours to complete. Here’s a quick glance at the flow of this skill path:
- This skill path consists of the four courses listed below, which cover all of the SQL fundamentals you need to know.
- You’ll write real code and answer dozens of practice problems to validate and apply your new skills.
- You can opt to view a hint designed to help you with your current task. These hints won’t give you the answer; they’re just there to nudge you in the right direction.
- At the end of the course, you’ll complete a guided project to enhance your resume and further reinforce your new knowledge.
- These are SQL certification courses. Meaning, upon completion of each course, we’ll issue a certificate as proof of your hard work that you can then share with your professional network.
- After completing the entire skill path, you’ll understand the fundamental framework of SQL. More advanced SQL and data science courses are available if you want to keep learning!
- Engage with the community, get feedback on your project, and keep building.
Who Is This SQL Fundamentals Skill Path for?
Many well-known companies rely on SQL, including Microsoft, Amazon, Dell, and Accenture. It’s also vital for data scientists, software developers, analysts, and many other roles. Our SQL course path is designed for total beginners, so there are no prerequisites! Even if you’ve never written a line of code before, you can dive in and start learning.
Whether you’re working with data in your current job or looking to become more efficient at working with large data sets for your personal endeavors, this course is for you. The possibilities are endless!