How Our Data Engineer Path Works
Perfect your technical data engineering skills, such as Python programming, data pipelines, and data processing. As you progress through the course, you’ll learn how to implement algorithms and how to work with multi-table databases using SQL. And finally, as you complete the practical coding exercises, you’ll learn key tools like pandas, NumPy, SQLite, MapReduce, and PostgreSQL.
Once you complete our comprehensive program, you’ll have the skills necessary to thrive as a data engineer, and you’ll have a job-ready portfolio to showcase during the interview process.
At Dataquest, we know that navigating a new career path is intimidating, so we’re here to help. We don’t believe in long, uninspiring videos or lectures; instead, we use hands-on and interactive teaching, so you’ll never be bored again. Not only will you learn job-ready skills, you’ll also have the opportunity to put them into practice.
Should you get stuck, or have any questions, we’re here to provide the support you need. Here’s a snapshot of our data engineering career path curriculum:
- Our data engineer career path consists of a series of courses that range from Python Fundamentals to Building a Data Pipeline.
- You’ll write real code, and answer practical problems that’ll help you retain what you learned and apply your new skills.
- At the end of each course, you’ll complete a guided project to further apply what you’ve learned while building a career-ready portfolio employers will love.
- Upon completion of each course, you’ll receive a certificate that’s shareable with your professional network, and you can use it to enhance your resume.
- Once you complete this path, you’ll have all the in-demand skills necessary to become a data engineer.
- At any time, you may redo practice problems, lessons, and courses if you want to review things before a big interview or to stay sharp.
Sign up for a free account to try any course in this path. To complete courses and earn certificates, you’ll need a Premium subscription, which unlocks all of our course content, practice problems, guided projects, and even access to our Premium-only career forum to help you navigate your path towards becoming a data scientist.
Who is this Data Engineer Career Path For?
Our data engineer career path starts with the fundamentals. There is absolutely no experience necessary to start, and everyone is welcome.
This career path is for individuals ready for an amazing career change, data professionals looking to amplify their skill set for that next promotion, and college students who are interested in becoming job-ready.