In this course, you’ll learn how to respond to key business needs using data, such as understanding churned customers, pricing, customer ratings, etc. You’ll learn to work with ambiguous, imprecise, and subjective data — the “fuzzy” side of data — to present key business metrics like churn rate and net promoter score.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll practice and get feedback directly in the browser. You’ll also apply your skills to a guided project involving a realistic business scenario to build your portfolio and prepare for your next interview.
- Resolving fuzzy language in a business context
- Defining the key business metrics
- Measuring business performance
- Communicating with a non-technical audience
Data Analysis for Business in Python [4 lessons]
Communicating Results 2hLesson Objectives
- Identify the business context of data science
- Identify the importance of prototyping
- Communicate with a non-technical audience
- Define the business workflow
Business Metrics 2hLesson Objectives
- Define a metric
- Identify what makes a good metric
- Define the net promoter score
- Define churn rate
Guided Project: Popular Data Science Questions 1hLesson Objectives
- Determine data science content to write
- Identify how the most popular content is trending
Projects in this course
Guided Project: Popular Data Science Questions
Apply the skills you’ve learned to determine the creation of data science content.
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.
Master skills faster with Dataquest
Go from zero to job-ready
Learn exactly what you need to achieve your goal. Don’t waste time on unrelated lessons.
Build your project portfolio
Build confidence with our in-depth projects, and show off your data skills.
Challenge yourself with exercises
Work with real data from day one with interactive lessons and hands-on exercises.
Showcase your path certification
Impress employers by completing a capstone project and certifying it with an expert review.