Joins in SQL allow you to combine datasets from multiple tables using a single query. In this course, you’ll learn how joins work, how to combine data from more than one table using inner joins, how to select columns from different tables, and how to alias tables.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll practice and get feedback directly in the browser.
- Combining tables using inner joins
- Employing different types of joins
- Employing other SQL clauses with joins
- Employing set operators like UNION and EXCEPT
Combining Tables in SQL Course [4 lessons]
Introduction to Joins 1hLesson Objectives
- Combine data from more than one table using inner joins
- Define joins work
- Select columns from different tables
- Alias tables
Joins and Other Clauses 1hLesson Objectives
- Join more than two tables
- Identify how joins interplay with other clauses
Less Common Joins 2hLesson Objectives
- Define self-joins
- Join tables on complex conditions
- Define right and full joins
- Employ cross joins
Set Operators 1hLesson Objectives
- Stack tables
- Keep rows in two tables
- Keep rows that are in one table and not in another
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.
Master skills faster with Dataquest
Go from zero to job-ready
Learn exactly what you need to achieve your goal. Don’t waste time on unrelated lessons.
Build your project portfolio
Build confidence with our in-depth projects, and show off your data skills.
Challenge yourself with exercises
Work with real data from day one with interactive lessons and hands-on exercises.
Showcase your path certification
Impress employers by completing a capstone project and certifying it with an expert review.