How Our SQL Summary Course Works
Despite being over 50 years old, SQL remains the de facto language of databases. And with data being collected, stored, and analyzed like never before, SQL is, by all accounts, one of the most in-demand skills in data science. Most data professionals use SQL more than any other language.
That’s why we’ve created the SQL Fundamentals skill path, which this course is a part of. At Dataquest, we design all of our courses to help you quickly and effectively advance on your data science path. We’ve taken great care to ensure that you can maximize your learning potential by supplying the structure and support you need while allowing you the freedom and independence to learn at your own pace.
Unlike most online courses, here at Dataquest, we believe in learning by doing. When you learn with us, you’ll never sit through boring training videos or complete ineffective “fill-in-the-blank” questions. Instead, you’ll learn SQL the right way: solving real problems using real code—and you’ll start on day one.
Additionally, with Dataquest, you’ll never learn alone. We have a thriving community of data learners and professionals eager to accompany you on your learning path and help you overcome any obstacles you encounter. And if you ever need a little extra help, our powerful and responsive support tools are just a click away.
Here’s a glance at our SQL Summary course:
- This course is the third course in the SQL Fundamentals skill Path. It consists of the four lessons listed below, which cover intermediate coding concepts in SQL.
- You’ll write real code with dozens of practice problems so you can apply your skills.
- When you complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate that you can share with your professional network.
- Once you complete this course, you’ll be ready for more advanced SQL courses.
- Engage with our friendly community of data professionals, get feedback on your projects, and keep building your skills.
Who Is This SQL Summary Course For?
This SQL course is for beginners, but requires that you be familiar with the concepts and techniques covered in the previous two courses of our SQL Fundamentals skills path. If you missed the previous lessons or would like a refresher, check out our previous courses before moving on.
We’ve designed this course to benefit as many people as possible:
- Data science beginners looking for fundamental SQL knowledge for data science
- SQL beginners seeking to build proficiency with performing basic operations in SQL
- People who want a career as a data analyst, data engineer, or data scientist
- People seeking remote work in data science
- Anyone who works with data in telecommunication, finance, education, and healthcare
- Junior data analysts or data scientists who want to advance in their current positions
- Anyone who wants to be able to capture, process, and interpret data
- Students who wish to develop a competitive portfolio
- Experienced SQL users who want to fill in the blanks and brush up on the basics