In this course, you’ll learn how to balance graph creation and statistics in your visualizations using tools such as Matplotlib and Seaborn. Throughout this course, you’ll learn the most common methods and techniques to visualize data using a variety of Python libraries.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll practice and get feedback directly in the browser. You’ll apply your skills to several guided projects involving realistic business scenarios to build your portfolio and prepare for your next interview.
- Developing fundamental knowledge of data visualization using Python libraries
- Visualizing data with line plots, scatter plots, bar plots, and more
- Optimizing your data visualization workflow to reveal insights and fuel data-driven decisions
Introduction to Data Visualization in Python [6 lessons]
Line Graphs and Time Series 1hLesson Objectives
- Plot a line graph using Matplotlib
- Customize a line graph using Matplotlib
- Visualize time series with line plots
- Interpret line plots by identifying types of change
Scatter Plots and Correlations 1hLesson Objectives
- Generate a scatter plot using Matplotlib
- Visualize correlations using scatter plots
- Measure correlation using Pearson's r
- Interpret correlation values correctly
Bar Plots, Histograms, and Distributions 1hLesson Objectives
- Create a bar plot using Matplotlib
- Create a histogram using Matplotlib
- Visualize a frequency table using a bar plot
- Visualize a grouped frequency table using a histogram
- Interpret bar plots and histograms
Pandas Visualizations and Grid Charts 2hLesson Objectives
- Generate graphs using pandas
- Compare graphs using grid charts
- Generate grid charts using Matplotlib
Relational Plots and Multiple Variables 1hLesson Objectives
- Build relational plots using seaborn
- Represent multiple variables with relational plots
- Identify patterns by examining a relational plot
Guided Project: Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94 2hLesson Objectives
- Complete a portfolio project using visualization
- Determine weather indicators of heavy traffic using visualization
- Combine and apply the data visualization project
Projects in this course
Guided Project: Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94
Learn to analyze data using exploratory data visualization.
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.
Master skills faster with Dataquest
Go from zero to job-ready
Learn exactly what you need to achieve your goal. Don’t waste time on unrelated lessons.
Build your project portfolio
Build confidence with our in-depth projects, and show off your data skills.
Challenge yourself with exercises
Work with real data from day one with interactive lessons and hands-on exercises.
Showcase your path certification
Impress employers by completing a capstone project and certifying it with an expert review.