How Our Variables, Data Types, and Lists in Python Course Works
Most Python courses for beginners tend to be video-based. At Dataquest, we believe the best way to get learners to the next level is through hands-on learning. In this introductory course, you’ll start coding as soon as you’re done signing up.
Our lessons walk you through all the Python fundamentals you need to build a solid foundation before moving onto more advanced concepts. We’ve organized our introduction to Python courses into four parts; this course is the first part.
If you want a complete learning experience, you can also explore the various skill paths that include this course. For example, if you’re interested in data analysis, you can explore our Python Basics for Data Analysis path. Or, perhaps you’re looking to begin a new career — you can look into our Data Scientist in Python career path or our Data Analyst in Python path. It’s up to you!
Other key components of our teaching method include practice problems and guided projects. There’s just no better way to learn data skills than by solving real problems with real code. (And this is exactly what hiring managers are looking for!)
Additionally, with Dataquest, you’ll never learn alone. Our vibrant and supportive community of learners and professionals is always ready to help. And if you ever need a hand from our powerful support tools, we’re only a click away.
Here’s a glance at our Variables, Data Types, and Lists in Python course:
- This course is the first in the Python Basics for Data Analysis Skill Path. It consists of the four lessons listed below, which cover basic data science fundamentals in Python.
- You’ll write real code with dozens of practice problems to validate and apply your skills.
- At the end of the second course, you’ll complete a guided project to reinforce your new knowledge and expand your portfolio.
- When you complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate that you can share with your professional network.
- Once you complete this course, you’ll be ready for more advanced Python courses.
- Engage with our friendly community of data professionals, get feedback on your projects, and keep building your skills.