This course expands on our Introduction to Python course, and our Basic Operators and Data Structures in Python course. You’ll learn how to write Python functions, build functions that employ multiple return statements and return multiple variables, as well as installing and using Jupyter Notebook. You’ll complete the course by creating a portfolio project on Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll practice and get feedback directly in the browser. You’ll apply your skills to several guided projects involving realistic business scenarios to build your portfolio and prepare for your next interview.
- Writing Python functions
- Writing functions with multiple inputs
- Using and installing Jupyter Notebook
- Performing real-world data analysis tasks in a guided project that you can add to your portfolio
Python Functions and Jupyter Notebook [6 lessons]
- Define the structure of a function
- Create your own functions
- Employ built-in functions
- Return values from a function call
- Reuse a function with different data inputs
- Specify multiple function parameters
- Employ keyword and positional arguments
- Combine functions
- Debug functions
- Troubleshoot interactions with built-in functions
- Define default function arguments
- Use official Python documentation
- Employ multiple return statements
- Return multiple variables
- Define mutable and immutable data
- Define function behavior
- Define function scopes
Projects in this course
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.