In this path, you’ll learn the foundations of statistics such as sampling, working with variables, and understanding frequency distribution tables and the fundamentals of probability and how to use them for analysis. You’ll also learn how to create and test hypotheses with significance testing, and how to make forecasts based on patterns and trends with real-world data.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll write code and get feedback directly in the browser. You’ll apply your skills to several guided projects involving realistic business scenarios to build your portfolio and prepare for your next interview.
- Cleaning, preparing and analyzing data with Python
- Creating insightful data visualizations
- Using statistics to perform descriptive analytics
- Using probabilities to perform predictive analysis
Part 1: Python Introduction [4 courses]
- Use for loops to repeat processes and conduct data analysis
- Implement if, else, and elif statements in programming logic
- Employ logical and comparison operators in Python
- Develop and update Python dictionaries for data manipulation
- Construct frequency tables using dictionaries for data analytics
Part 2: Data Analysis and Visualization [2 courses]
- Improve your workflow using vectorized operations
- Select data by value using Boolean indexing
- Analyze data using pandas and NumPy
- Visualize time series data with line plots
- Define correlations and visualize them with scatter plots
- Visualize frequency distributions with bar plots and histograms
- Improve your exploratory data visualization workflow using pandas
- Visualize multiple variables using Seaborn's relational plots
Part 4: Probability and Statistics with Python [5 courses]
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.
Master skills faster with Dataquest
Go from zero to job-ready
Build your project portfolio
Challenge yourself with exercises
Showcase your path certification
Projects in this path
Guided Project: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets
Learn to combine the skills you learned in this course to perform practical data analysis.
Guided Project: Exploring Hacker News Posts
Practice using loops, cleaning strings, and working with dates in Python.
Guided Project: Exploring eBay Car Sales Data
Practice data cleaning and data exploration using pandas
Guided Project: Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94
Learn to analyze data using exploratory data visualization.