Embark on an exciting journey into the world of SQL Window Functions and amplify your data analysis skills. In this course, you’ll master aggregate, ranking, distribution, and offset window functions to streamline intricate queries and extract valuable information. Best of all, you’ll learn by doing – practice and receive feedback directly in the browser. You’ll apply your expertise to a captivating real-world project, fortify your portfolio, and stand out in the competitive data landscape.
- Set up a frame for window functions
- Compute running aggregations with aggregate window functions
- Explore rank window functions
- Apply distribution window functions
- Use offset window functions
Window Functions in SQL [7 lessons]
- Explain the purpose and benefits of using ranking window functions in SQL
- Describe the syntax and parameters of each ranking function
- Understand the differences between ranking window functions to choose the appropriate ranking function
- Use ranking window functions to solve complex problems
- Distinguish between CUME_DIST(), PERCENT_RANK(), PERCENTILE_DISC(), and PERCENTILE CONT()
- Apply rank distribution window functions for statistical analysis
- Utilize inverse distribution functions to determine the value at a particular percentile
- Implement the WINDOW clause to create concise and manageable queries
- Understand the logic behind window functions and CTEs, and their applications in real-world scenarios
- Construct SQL queries that use window functions and CTEs to solve complex data analysis tasks
- Analyze and interpret the results of queries to drive data-informed decisions
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.