In this path, you’ll learn the fundamentals of Python, as well as how to prepare and extract data by querying databases with SQL, how to create insightful data visualization, and how to perform descriptive and predictive statistical analysis.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll write code and get feedback directly in the browser. You’ll apply your skills to several guided projects involving realistic business scenarios to build your portfolio and prepare for your next interview.
- Programming with Python to perform complex statistical analysis of large datasets
- Performing SQL queries and web-scraping to explore and extract data from databases and websites
- Performing efficient data analysis from start to finish
- Building insightful data visualizations to tell stories
Part 1: Introduction to Python [4 courses]
- Use for loops to repeat processes and conduct data analysis
- Implement if, else, and elif statements in programming logic
- Employ logical and comparison operators in Python
- Develop and update Python dictionaries for data manipulation
- Construct frequency tables using dictionaries for data analytics
Part 2: Intermediate Python and Pandas [3 courses]
- Improve your workflow using vectorized operations
- Select data by value using Boolean indexing
- Analyze data using pandas and NumPy
- Visualize time series data with line plots
- Define correlations and visualize them with scatter plots
- Visualize frequency distributions with bar plots and histograms
- Improve your exploratory data visualization workflow using pandas
- Visualize multiple variables using Seaborn's relational plots
- Create graphs using information design principles
- Create narrative data visualizations using Matplotlib
- Create visual patterns using Gestalt principles
- Control attention using pre-attentive attributes
- Employ Matplotlib's built-in styles
Part 3: Data Cleaning in Python [3 courses]
Part 4: The Command Line [2 courses]
Part 5: Working with Data Sources Using SQL [6 courses]
Part 6: APIs and Web Scraping in Python [2 courses]
Part 7: Probability and Statistics [5 courses]
Part 8: Advanced Topics in Data Analysis [2 courses]
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.
Master skills faster with Dataquest
Go from zero to job-ready
Build your project portfolio
Challenge yourself with exercises
Showcase your path certification
Projects in this path
Guided Project: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets
Learn to combine the skills you learned in this course to perform practical data analysis.
Guided Project: Exploring Hacker News Posts
Practice using loops, cleaning strings, and working with dates in Python.
Guided Project: Exploring eBay Car Sales Data
Practice data cleaning and data exploration using pandas
Guided Project: Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94
Learn to analyze data using exploratory data visualization.