Who is the Business Analyst career path for?
This Business Analyst Career Path is for anyone who wants to start or change a career in business analysis. Whether you’re a complete beginner or you have some programming and data tools experience, this path will help you prepare for the role with confidence — no prerequisites needed.
Although “business analyst” refers to a specific job, many other functions rely on the same skill-set:
- business intelligence expert
- business system analyst
- system analyst
- product manager
- product owner
- product marketing manager
- requirements engineers
- process analysts
- business architects
- management consultants
Why become a Business Analyst?
Not only is this career in demand, it’s also among the top 50 best jobs in 2022, according to Glassdoor, based on number of job openings, salaries offered, and job satisfaction.
What will you do as a Business Analyst?
The Business Analyst (BA) gives value to insights and helps companies make more informed business decisions. As a BA, you can expect to do the following:
- Identify business needs and objectives
- Manage databases with SQL
- Perform descriptive and predictive statistical analysis
- Create real-time, dynamic dashboards and visualizations
- Analyze data and identify insights
- Support strategic business decisions
- Communicate information with key stakeholders
How much will you earn?
As a Data Scientist in the U.S., you can expect the following salaries:
- Average salary: 90K–100K USD
- Entry salary: 60K–70K USD
- Senior salary: 115K–125K USD
If you’re not working in the U.S., you can browse the Salary Expert website to see the average salary per year in your country.
How our Business Analyst career path works
The Business Analyst Career Path is a progression of courses that will help you become a well-rounded business analyst who can use various programming languages and tools to perform business analysis. The path covers all of the necessary skills you need to thrive in your new career.
Key information about the path:
- Duration: 9 months to 1 year
- 7 – 10 hours of learning per week
- Beginner friendly — no prerequisites required
- 15 guided projects
- Start at any time
- Learn at your own pace
Master skills faster with Dataquest
- Go from zero to job-ready: Learn exactly what you need to achieve your goal. Don’t waste time on unrelated lessons.
- Challenge yourself with exercises: Work with real data from day one with interactive lessons and hands-on exercises.
- Build your project portfolio: Build confidence with our in-depth projects, and show off your data skills.
- Showcase your path certification: Impress employers by completing a capstone project and certifying it with an expert review.