This course is part of the “Introduction to Data Analysis with Excel” skill path, which we designed for anyone who wants to gain the practical skills in Excel to perform data analysis and visualization, and ultimately help organizations make better informed decisions. We designed it for aspiring data professionals with little experience and learners who use basic Excel in their daily jobs and want to enhance their skills.
Preparing data involves cleaning and organizing. In this course you’ll not only learn how to prepare data with Excel by organizing data into a spreadsheet using worksheets and tables but also how to clean data by removing duplicates and irrelevant data. You’ll also learn how to consolidate the data to prepare it for analysis.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll practice and get feedback directly in the browser.
- Importing data into an Excel spreadsheet from more than one data source
- Organizing data into a spreadsheet using worksheets and tables
- Cleaning, manipulating, and modifying the data
- Consolidating the data for analysis
Preparing Data in Excel [6 lessons]
- Import data into a spreadsheet from more than one data source
- Organize data into a spreadsheet using worksheets and tables
- Clean data by removing duplicates and irrelevant data
- Work with missing data and inconsistent data types
- Consolidate the data for analysis
Projects in this course
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.