This course will help you gain the practical skills in Excel to perform data analysis and visualization — and ultimately help organizations make more-informed decisions. We designed it for aspiring data professionals with little experience or learners who use basic Excel in their daily jobs and want to enhance their skills.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll practice and get feedback directly in the browser.
- Defining, Categorizing, and evaluating data
- Identifying ways data use in everyday business
- Organizing data for data analysis
- Defining the key steps of the data analysis process
Introduction to Data Analysis in Excel [3 lessons]
Defining Data 1hLesson Objectives
- Define data and variable
- Distinguish between qualitative and quantitative data
- Read tabular data
How to Use Data 2hLesson Objectives
- Convert data intro actionable insights
- Employ data-driven decision-making
- Interpret data from a dashboard
The Data Analysis Process 2hLesson Objectives
- Identify and frame a data question
- Describe the steps of the data analysis process
- Answer data questions using Excel
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.
Master skills faster with Dataquest
Go from zero to job-ready
Learn exactly what you need to achieve your goal. Don’t waste time on unrelated lessons.
Build your project portfolio
Build confidence with our in-depth projects, and show off your data skills.
Challenge yourself with exercises
Work with real data from day one with interactive lessons and hands-on exercises.
Showcase your path certification
Impress employers by completing a capstone project and certifying it with an expert review.