This course is part of the “Introduction to Data Analysis with Excel” skill path, which we designed for those seeking the practical skills in Excel to perform data analysis and visualization — and ultimately help organizations make better-informed decisions. We designed it for aspiring data professionals with little experience and learners who use basic Excel in their daily jobs and want to enhance their skills.
In this course, you’ll learn how to use graphs and charts to design insightful data visualizations for your audience. You’ll learn how to use Gestalt principles and pre-attentive attributes and more.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll practice and get feedback directly in the browser.
- Visualizing data using pie, column, histogram, line, scatter, and combo charts
- Selecting appropriate data visualizations
- Creating charts using design principles
- Designing visualizations for your intended audience
Visualizing Data in Excel [5 lessons]
- Import a dataset to an Excel spreadsheet
- Create a report in Excel using data visualizations and tabular data
- Represent data using effective data visualizations
- Apply Gestalt principles and pre-attentive attributes to all visualizations
- Maximize data-ink ratio in all visualizations
Projects in this course
Guided Project: Visualizing the Answer to Stock Questions Using Spreadsheet Charts
In this project, we will apply the knowledge and skills we developed in the preceding lessons to present stock data clearly and help answer important questions about the underlying data.
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.