How Our Programming Concepts with Python Course Works
Courses in the Dataquest catalogue apply differently based on your career goals. When it comes to data engineering, Python is mainly used for data munging, aggregating, joining disparate sources, automation, and other similar tasks. We’ve structured this course to build on the Python essentials covered in our Python for Data Engineering Fundamentals Part I course.
At Dataquest, we believe that the best way to level-up your data engineering career skills is to learn by doing. So, unlike most online Python courses, we don’t teach with training videos, “fill in the blank” problems, or straight memorization. In this course (and all of the others here at Dataquest), you’ll learn by completing our hands-on interactive lessons starting on day one.
In the Programming Concepts with Python course, you’ll learn by using real code right away. As you complete our series of hands-on, interactive lessons, you’ll represent actual numbers in Python. You’ll even read a real list of restaurants in Japan and write that information into a file, as well as figure out how to store transactions on a sales website.
Another benefit to learning with Dataquest is the opportunity to create compelling additions to your portfolio. A strong portfolio will make you stand out to hiring managers and help you get that next job quickly. Each course offers you guided practice and a culminating project to complete at the end. You will have the chance to build your confidence and create a concrete item to show future employers.
Additionally, you’ll be able to enjoy a strong support network at Dataquest. Our vibrant and supportive community of students and professionals ensures that you’ll never learn alone! If you ever need extra help, our powerful and responsive support tools are just a click away.
Here’s a glance at our Programming Concepts with Python course:
- This course is the fourth in the Data Engineering Career Path. It consists of the four lessons listed below, which cover in-depth programming concepts in Python.
- You’ll write real code with dozens of practice problems so you can apply your skills.
- At the end of each course, you’ll complete a guided project to reinforce your new knowledge and expand your portfolio.
- When you complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate that you can share with your professional network.
- Once you complete this course, you’ll be ready for more advanced Python courses.
- Engage with our friendly community of data professionals, get feedback on your projects, and keep building your skills.
Who Is This Programming Concepts with Python Course for?
This course is directed toward intermediate Python programmers who already understand the basics of programming with Python. Whether you’re just getting started as a data professional or you’re an experienced programmer looking to brush up on the basics, we made this course for you!.
Many kinds of people could benefit from this Python course — here are a few examples:
- Data engineering beginners looking for fundamental data engineering knowledge
- Python users seeking a deeper understanding of the inner workings of Python
- People who want a career as a data engineer or data scientist
- People seeking remote work
- Anyone who works with data in telecommunication, finance, education, and healthcare
- Junior data engineers or data analysts who want to advance in their current positions
- Anyone who wants to be able to capture, process, and interpret data
- Students who want to develop a competitive portfolio
- Experienced Python users who want to fill in the blanks and brush up on the basics