How Our Pandas and NumPy Fundamentals Course Works
Python is one of the world’s leading coding languages. Libraries like NumPy and pandas are absolutely essential to using Python for data science. Since these libraries are used so widely across many industries and data science specializations, we’ve created this course to give you the skills you need to get hired faster.
However, be aware that this is an intermediate course and builds upon the concepts and techniques from our previous Python course.
With Dataquest, your success is our success. We believe that the best way to level up your data science career skills is to learn by doing. That’s why we’ll never make use of boring training videos or ineffective memorization. Starting on day one, you’ll learn NumPy and pandas fundamentals by solving real problems with real code.
Throughout this course, you’ll complete hands-on and interactive lessons designed to help you quickly and effectively build proficiency in data exploration, preparation, and analysis using NumPy and pandas. For the final lesson in the course, you’ll use real-world car sales data taken from eBay to complete a data cleaning and exploration project for your portfolio!
At Dataquest, we know the importance of a strong portfolio. After all, it’s one of the best ways to catch the attention of a hiring manager and get hired quickly. That’s why most of the courses here on Dataquest offer guided practice culminating in a portfolio project.
We want to help you build a data science portfolio that no hiring manager or potential employer can ignore! Additionally, when you sign up with Dataquest, you’ll join our vibrant and supportive community of students and data professionals. That way, you’ll never learn alone. And if you ever need a little extra help from powerful and responsive support tools, we’re only a click away.
Here’s a glance at our Pandas and NumPy Fundamentals course:
- This course is the fourth in the Data Analyst in Python Career Path with Dataquest. The course consists of the seven lessons listed below, which cover in-depth programming concepts in Python.
- You’ll write real code with dozens of practice problems so that you can apply your skills.
- At the end of each course, you’ll complete a guided project to reinforce the new knowledge you’ve gained and expand your portfolio along the way.
- When you complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate that you can share with your professional network.
- Once you complete this course, you’ll be ready to tackle the more advanced Python courses.
- Engage with our friendly community of data professionals, get feedback on your projects, and keep building your skills.
Who Is This Pandas and NumPy Fundamentals Course For?
This course is geared toward intermediate Python programmers and requires prerequisite knowledge of fundamental coding concepts in Python. Take a look at our previous lessons if you’d like to review the basics before starting this more advanced course.
Whether you’re new to data science or an experienced programmer looking to brush up on the basics, we’ve made this course for you! We’ve designed this pandas and NumPy course to help as many people as possible.
If you fall into any of the following categories, this course is for you:
- Data science beginners looking for fundamental knowledge in pandas and NumPy
- Python users seeking a deeper understanding data analysis techniques in Python
- People who want a career as a data scientist or data analyst
- People seeking remote work
- Anyone who works with data in telecommunication, finance, education, or healthcare
- Junior data scientists or data analysts who want to advance in their current positions
- Anyone who wants to be able to capture, process, and interpret data
- Students who want to develop a competitive portfolio
- Experienced Python users who want to fill in the blanks and brush up on the basics