This particular course is for intermediate Python users, and it builds upon the essentials covered in our previous Python visualization lessons. You’ll learn how to use Python libraries like Matplotlib and Seaborn to transform raw data into compelling and actionable visualizations. You’ll learn the most common data visualization techniques, and you’ll use Python to generate beautiful, insightful, and meaningful visuals that will give new life to your data.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll practice and get feedback directly in the browser. You’ll apply your skills to several guided projects involving realistic business scenarios to build your portfolio and prepare for your next interview.
- Using information design principles to build narratives
- Building data visualizations to tell compelling stories
- Creating graphs using information design principles
- Creating visual patterns using Gestalt principles
Telling Stories Using Data Visualization and Information Design [5 lessons]
- Create a story using data
- Create data visualizations using brainstorming and sketching
- Create a narrative data visualization using Matplotlib
Projects in this course
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.