JOIN OUR TEAM
We're a small remote team of 29 individuals spread across 8 time zones, who have one collective mission:
help everyone who wants to – learn data science.
Online education has a chance to level the playing field and help millions of people who don’t have access to traditional education gain skills and get ahead. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always happen (read why.)
We want to offer something different; something that can open up opportunities. As a result, we take our values seriously:
- A self-reliant business. This means that our revenue comes from teaching, not from investors. Our incentives are always aligned with students.
- Affordable learning. We’ve tried to make our price points ($29 a month or $49 a month) as affordable to a wide audience as possible, and we have upcoming programs that will improve this even further.
- A commitment to hiring our students. One third of our team is former Dataquest students, and we love to work with the people who understand the needs of aspiring data scientists most strongly.
- A fully remote company. We teach all over the world, and we want our team to reflect that diversity.
- A diverse team. The attitudes of a team are often reflected in the products they build together, and diversity on a team at an online education company means that the product becomes more inclusive and diverse over time as well. Without team diversity, the products quickly become exclusive, and are no longer about closing the opportunity gap.
Inclusion is one of the major promises of online education, and we hope Dataquest can help move the industry in that direction. There are millions of people worldwide who are capable of amazing things, but face barriers that feel insurmountable. Education done right is a powerful way to level the playing field.
The Dataquest Team
Content Technical Lead
Director of Student Success
Sr. Backend Engineer
Python Team Lead
Student Success Assistant
Director of Engineering
Founder & CEO
Talent Program Manager
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
Rose Martin, PhD
Director of Content
John Aoga, PhD
Director of Data Science
Director of Operations
Student Success Specialist (Technical)
Current and Future Openings
If you share our vision, apply here. We are growing quickly and have new positions to fill regularly. Make sure to tell us why you are passionate about online education and how you would like to contribute to our mission.
You should know that ego is limited here. We seek opportunities to give and receive feedback gracefully (often). We have a shared belief that we should always be seeking opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
Actively seeking candidates for:
Some future positions for which we are currently vetting candidates include:
- Content Marketer
- R Course Author (Full/Part-time)
- Python Course Author (Full/Part-time)
- Data Engineering Course Author (Full/Part-time)
- Technical Data Science Mentor
- B2B Sales Manager
- Fullstack Engineer
- Frontend Engineer
- Data Analyst