We're a small remote team of 30 individuals spread across 8 time zones, who have one collective mission:
help everyone who wants to – learn data science.
Online education has a chance to level the playing field and help millions of people who don’t have access to traditional education gain skills and get ahead. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always happen (read why.)
We want to offer something different; something that can open up opportunities. As a result, we take our values seriously:
- A self-reliant business. This means that our revenue comes from teaching, not from investors. Our incentives are always aligned with students.
- Affordable learning. We’ve tried to make our price points ($29 a month or $49 a month) as affordable to a wide audience as possible, and we have upcoming programs that will improve this even further.
- A commitment to hiring our students. One third of our team is former Dataquest students, and we love to work with the people who understand the needs of aspiring data scientists most strongly.
- A fully remote company. We teach all over the world, and we want our team to reflect that diversity.
- A diverse team. The attitudes of a team are often reflected in the products they build together, and diversity on a team at an online education company means that the product becomes more inclusive and diverse over time as well. Without team diversity, the products quickly become exclusive, and are no longer about closing the opportunity gap.
Inclusion is one of the major promises of online education, and we hope Dataquest can help move the industry in that direction. There are millions of people worldwide who are capable of amazing things, but face barriers that feel insurmountable. Education done right is a powerful way to level the playing field.
The Dataquest Team
Senior Data Scientist
Student Success Specialist (Technical)
Python Team Lead
Erika Lopez Smith
Team Operations Manager
Camisha Colquhoun Client Service Lead
Anna Pershyna Senior Product Engineer
Director of Operations
Director of Engineering
Business Development Manager
Founder & CEO
Content Marketing Manager
Talent Program Manager
Infrastructure Technical Lead
Growth Marketing Manager
Rose Martin, PhD
Director of Content
François Aubry, PhD
John Aoga, PhD
Adrienne Hunter Wong
Senior Product Designer