MEMORIAL DAY SALE ENDS SOON
In this path, you’ll explore the basics of Python programming from preparing data all the way to predicting trends from real-world data. You’ll learn the fundamentals of Python, how to use Jupyter notebooks, work with numerical and text data and basic object-oriented programming.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll write code and get feedback directly in the browser. You’ll apply your skills to several guided projects involving realistic business scenarios to build your portfolio and prepare for your next interview.
- Programming with Python to perform complex statistical analysis of large datasets
- Using Jupyter notebooks to create and share documents
- Working with text, date, and time data
- Performing object-oriented and functional programming with Python
Part 1: Python Basics for Data Analysis [5 courses]
Introduction to Python Programming 3hObjectives
- Write computer programs using Python
- Save values using variables
- Process numerical data and text data
- Create lists using Python
For Loops and Conditional Statements in Python 5hObjectives
- Repeat a process using a for loop
- Employ if, else, and elif statements
- Employ logical operators and comparison operators
- Employ Jupyter Notebook
Dictionaries, Frequency Tables, and Functions in Python 4hObjectives
- Create Python dictionaries
- Build frequency tables using dictionaries
- Write Python functions
- Debug functions
Python Functions and Jupyter Notebook 6hObjectives
- Define function arguments
- Write functions that return multiple variables
- Employ Jupyter notebook
- Build a portfolio project
Intermediate Python for Data Science 8hObjectives
- Clean and analyze text data
- Define object-oriented programming in Python
- Process dates and times
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.
Master skills faster with Dataquest
Go from zero to job-ready
Learn exactly what you need to achieve your goal. Don’t waste time on unrelated lessons.
Build your project portfolio
Build confidence with our in-depth projects, and show off your data skills.
Challenge yourself with exercises
Work with real data from day one with interactive lessons and hands-on exercises.
Showcase your path certification
Impress employers by completing a capstone project and certifying it with an expert review.
Projects in this path
Guided Project: Prison Break
Learn the basics of Jupyter Notebook by analyzing a dataset on helicopter prison escapes
Project: Learn and Install Jupyter Notebook
Learn the basics of Jupyter Notebook
Guided Project: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets
Learn to combine the skills you learned in this course to perform practical data analysis.
Guided Project: Exploring Hacker News Posts
Practice using loops, cleaning strings, and working with dates in Python.