In this path, you’ll explore the basics of Python programming from preparing data all the way to predicting trends from real-world data. You’ll learn the fundamentals of Python, how to use Jupyter notebooks, work with numerical and text data and basic object-oriented programming.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll write code and get feedback directly in the browser. You’ll apply your skills to several guided projects involving realistic business scenarios to build your portfolio and prepare for your next interview.
- Programming with Python to perform complex statistical analysis of large datasets
- Using Jupyter notebooks to create and share documents
- Working with text, date, and time data
- Performing object-oriented and functional programming with Python
Part 1: Python Basics for Data Analysis [4 courses]
- Use for loops to repeat processes and conduct data analysis
- Implement if, else, and elif statements in programming logic
- Employ logical and comparison operators in Python
- Develop and update Python dictionaries for data manipulation
- Construct frequency tables using dictionaries for data analytics
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.
Master skills faster with Dataquest
Go from zero to job-ready
Build your project portfolio
Challenge yourself with exercises
Showcase your path certification
Projects in this path
Guided Project: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets
Learn to combine the skills you learned in this course to perform practical data analysis.