In this course, you’ll learn how to employ quick table calculations, add secondary table calculations, and write custom advanced calculations. You’ll also learn the various levels of data granularity as well as the aggregation methodology to write LOD expressions (level of detail).
You’ll learn to make your dashboards interactive using sets, parameters, viz in tooltip and other elements — and you’ll also learn to improve their readability by adding and configuring trend lines, reference bands, and distributions.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll practice and get feedback directly in the browser.
- Using Tableau’s key features to create interactive, data-driven reports
- Advanced table calculations for data analysis
- Analyzing data using reference lines and bands
- Dynamic filtering through parameters
Visual Analytics in Tableau [4 lessons]
Table Calculations 2hLesson Objectives
- Transform data using table calculations
- Apply and configure quick table calculations
- Write advanced custom calculations
Level of Detail Expressions 2hLesson Objectives
- Explain the level of granularity and aggregation methods
- Employ the level of detail expressions FIXED, INCLUDE, and EXCLUDE
- Identify level of detail filtering order
Dynamic Design and Interactivity 2hLesson Objectives
- Employ parametric actions to enable interactivity
- Design and format viz in tooltip
- Employ dynamic filtering through parameters
The Analytics Pane 2hLesson Objectives
- Add summarizing elements to a visualization
- Add reference lines and bands to a visualization
- Visualize the distribution of the data
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.
Master skills faster with Dataquest
Go from zero to job-ready
Learn exactly what you need to achieve your goal. Don’t waste time on unrelated lessons.
Build your project portfolio
Build confidence with our in-depth projects, and show off your data skills.
Challenge yourself with exercises
Work with real data from day one with interactive lessons and hands-on exercises.
Showcase your path certification
Impress employers by completing a capstone project and certifying it with an expert review.