A workspace is a space where you can collaborate with others to create collections of reports and dashboards.In this course, you’ll learn how to create workspaces in the Power BI service, how to deploy Power BI artifacts to the service, how to share them with other users, and how to connect Power BI reports to on-premises data sources.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to use workspaces to house reports and dashboards for collaboration across multiple teams; use share and present reports and dashboards in a single environment; and maintain security by controlling who can access datasets, reports, and dashboards.
- Creating and managing a workspace in Power BI
- Configuring data protection in a Power BI workspace
- Creating dynamic reports with parameters
- Implementing static and dynamic row-level security
Manage Workspaces and Datasets in Power BI [5 lessons]
Create and Manage Workspaces in Power BI - I 1hLesson Objectives
- Create and manage a workspace in Power BI
- Import and update assets in a Power BI workspace
- Assign workspace roles
- Monitor workspace useage and performance
Create and Manage Workspaces in Power BI - II 1hLesson Objectives
- Recommend a development life cycle strategy
- Configure data protection in a Power BI workspace
- Troubleshoot data issues with data lineage
Manage Datasets in Power BI 1hLesson Objectives
- Create dynamic reports with parameters
- Create what-if parameters
- Use a Power BI gateway to connect to on-premises data sources
- Configure a scheduled refresh for a dataset
- Configure incremental refresh settings
Implement Row-Level Security 1hLesson Objectives
- Implement static row-level security
- Implement dynamic row-level security
Guided Project: Building a BI App 1hLesson Objectives
- Create reports and dashboards in Power BI
- Create and publish a Power BI app
- Make a recommendation based on data
Projects in this course
Guided Project: Building a BI App
Build a business intelligence app in Power BI that visualizes course quality and completion data for Dataquest courses.
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.
Master skills faster with Dataquest
Go from zero to job-ready
Learn exactly what you need to achieve your goal. Don’t waste time on unrelated lessons.
Build your project portfolio
Build confidence with our in-depth projects, and show off your data skills.
Challenge yourself with exercises
Work with real data from day one with interactive lessons and hands-on exercises.
Showcase your path certification
Impress employers by completing a capstone project and certifying it with an expert review.