How Our Python for Data Engineering Fundamentals Course Works
Even though data science is similar to data engineering, the differences are significant enough to require an entirely new course. From basic data processing to PostgreSQL database management to building data pipelines — we’ve specifically designed this course to help you develop the skills you’ll need as a data engineer.
This course contains the final lessons of our Python fundamentals for data engineering series. Before jumping into this course, be sure to complete part one. Or, if you’re confident in your knowledge of variables, working with strings, lists, for loops, and conditional statements, go ahead and give this course a shot! By completing these lessons, you’ll prepare yourself for intermediate and advanced Python courses.
At Dataquest, we have a distinct teaching method focused on providing you with the knowledge and skills that will make you job-ready as quickly as possible. That’s why we don’t use training videos and fill-in-the-blank coding problems. We believe that the best way to develop valuable and in-demand data skills is through hands-on learning. With us, you’ll use real code to solve real problems from day one.
Another unique aspect of Dataquest is the opportunity it creates to add relevant, compelling projects to your portfolio. Our guided project lets you apply and reinforce your data engineering skills by using real code to solve real-world problems. A strong portfolio is one of the things hiring managers look for in qualified candidates!
Additionally, with Dataquest, you’ll become a part of a vibrant and supportive community of students and professionals. You’ll never be alone, and if you ever need a hand from our powerful support tools, we’re only a click away.
Here’s a glance at part two of our Python for Data Engineering Fundamentals course:
- This is the second course in the Data Engineering Career Path. It consists of the five lessons listed below, which cover basic data engineering fundamentals in Python.
- You’ll write real code with dozens of practice problems to apply your skills.
- At the end of each course, you’ll complete a guided project to reinforce your new knowledge and expand your portfolio.
- When you complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate that you can share with your professional network.
- Engage with our friendly community of data professionals, get feedback on your projects, and keep building your skills.
Who is the Python for Data Engineering Fundamentals Course for?
Whether you’re brand new to the data engineering field or an experienced data engineer brushing up on the fundamentals, we designed this Python course with you in mind.
There are many types of people who could benefit from this course:
- Data science beginners looking for fundamental data engineering skills
- People who want a career as a data engineer or data scientist
- People seeking to switch from an in-person data engineering job to remote work
- Anyone who works with data in telecommunication, finance, education, and healthcare
- Anyone who wants to be able to capture, process, and interpret data
- Students who wish to develop a competitive portfolio
- Python users who want to fill in the blanks and brush up on the basics