Creating a great data model is one of the most important tasks that a data analyst can perform in Microsoft Power BI. The “Model Data in Microsoft Power BI” course teaches you how to create effective data models using DAX language (data analytics expressions) as well as other desktop features to build analytics solutions and improve performance using Microsoft Power BI query data retrieval tasks.
Best of all, you’ll learn by doing — you’ll practice and get feedback directly in the browser.
- Designing a data model in Power BI
- Understanding dimensions, defining data granularity, and working with relationships and cardinality
- Creating measures using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) in Power BI
- Optimizing a model for performance in Power BI
Model Data in Power BI [6 lessons]
- Create calculated columns
- Use DAX to build measures
- Use the CALCULATE function to manipulate filters
- Implement time intelligence by using DAX
Projects in this course
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.