How Our Intro to Data Analysis in R Course Works
The data scientist career path starts you out at the beginning, which means that it can be for anyone. There is no experience required to start.
This career path is for individuals who are ready for an exciting career switch, data professionals who are looking to advance in their field, college students pursuing data science who want to get job-ready, and more!
We created this course in response to the prevalence of R programming among top tech firms — and its versatility in data analysis. We want to help you position yourself to take advantage of the surge in demand for data jobs.
At Dataquest, we want you to retain the knowledge and skills you develop throughout our courses. That’s why we don’t teach using training videos. Instead, we craft all of our lessons to facilitate an interactive and hands-on learning experience. We believe that the best way to learn R is to code with R, and that’s exactly what you’ll do starting on day one!
This Intro to Data Analysis in R course is for beginners and requires no previous programming knowledge or experience.
On its own, this introductory course is a great learning opportunity. However, if you want the complete R programming learning experience, you can explore the various Paths that contain this course. If you’re learning R to pursue a career as a data analyst, check out our Data Analyst in R career path! Or maybe you simply want to build proficiency with R — you can enroll in the R Basics for Data Analysis skill path. There’s no right or wrong choice!
One of the many things our students prefer about Dataquest over other learning platforms is our guided projects. At the end of every course, you’ll complete a realistic project that applies all of the skills you learned from the previous lessons. They not only help you retain what you learned, but they also help you get hired! A strong portfolio that demonstrates your skills is precisely what hiring managers are looking for in qualified candidates.
Furthermore, once you join Dataquest, you’ll become a part of our vibrant and supportive community of data students and professionals ready to learn together. If you need help or simply want to share your success, our engaging community is just one click away.
Here’s a glance at our Introduction to Data Analysis in R course:
- This course is the first in the Data Analyst in R career path. It consists of the four lessons listed below, which cover basic data science fundamentals in R.
- You’ll write real code with dozens of practice problems to validate and apply your skills
- At the end of each course, you’ll complete a guided project to reinforce your new knowledge and expand your portfolio
- When you complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate that you can share with your professional network
- Once you complete this course, you’ll be ready for more advanced R courses
- Engage with our friendly community of data professionals, get feedback on your projects, and keep building your skills
Who Is this Introduction to Data Analysis in R Course for?
If you’re a beginner looking to get started or build a data analysis foundation, we’ve got you covered. Or, perhaps you’re someone more experienced who wants to brush up on the basics—you’re in the right place, too.
Here are just a few examples of people who can benefit from this course:
- Data science beginners looking for fundamental R programming knowledge
- People who want a career as a data analyst or R programmer
- People seeking remote work
- Anyone who works with data in telecommunication, finance, education, and healthcare
- Junior data analysts or R programmers who want to advance in their current position
- Students who want to develop a competitive portfolio
- R users who want to fill in the gaps and brush up on the basics