How Our SQL Fundamentals Part I Course Works
SQL isn’t the most exciting or the newest programming language in the data industry. But don’t let its age be a deterrent. SQL remains one of the top tools for data professionals in nearly every specialization, and it is the de facto language of databases. Wherever there’s a massive collection of data, you can bet SQL is somewhere in the mix.
SQL is ideal for beginners in data science since many entry-level data jobs require it. This is why we’ve created our SQL Fundamentals skill path, which includes this course. Learning these in-demand skills will help you advance your data career or fast-track your journey to getting hired.
At Dataquest, we believe that the best way to level up your data science career skills is to learn by doing. So instead of trying to teach using ineffective training videos or memorization (like most online courses), you’ll learn SQL by writing code. Whether you’re seeking a career as a data analyst, data scientist, or engineer, the SQL skills in this course will serve you well throughout your data career.
Additionally, once you sign up for Dataquest, you’ll become a part of our supportive community of data learners and professionals. Our community forums will help you overcome any obstacle you may encounter. And if you ever need a little extra help, our powerful and responsive support tools are just a click away.
Here’s a glance at our SQL Fundamentals course:
- This course is the first course in the SQL Fundamentals skill Path. It consists of the four lessons listed below, which cover basic coding concepts in SQL.
- You’ll write real code with dozens of practice problems so you can apply your skills.
- When you complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate that you can share with your professional network.
- Once you complete this course, you’ll be ready for more advanced SQL courses.
- Engage with our friendly community of data professionals, get feedback on your projects, and keep building your skills.
Who Is this SQL Fundamentals Course for?
We created this SQL course for beginners — it requires no prerequisite knowledge! We’ll start from the very beginning and build a solid foundation in the basics of working with databases in SQL. So whether you’re brand new to the data science field or an experienced programmer looking to brush up on the basics, this course is for you!
Here are a few examples of people who could benefit from these lessons in SQL:
- Data science beginners looking for fundamental SQL knowledge for data science
- SQL beginners seeking to build proficiency at performing basic operations in SQL
- People who want a career as a data analyst, data engineer, or data scientist
- People seeking remote work in data science
- Anyone who works with data in telecommunication, finance, education, and healthcare
- Junior data analysts or data scientists who want to advance in their current positions
- Anyone who wants to be able to capture, process, and interpret data
- Students who wish to develop a competitive portfolio
- Experienced SQL users who want to fill in the blanks and brush up on the basics