What You’ll Learn
This Dictionaries, Frequency Tables, and Functions in Python course focuses on functions, dictionaries, and frequency tables, which are vital components of data science.
At the end of this course, you’ll have the data science fundamentals you need to get started — regardless of your end goal or destination.
Enroll in this course if you want to learn how to do the following:
- Create dictionaries and update dictionary values
- Define key-value pairs
- Check for values in a dictionary
- Discover how to count with dictionaries
- Build frequency tables
- Loop over dictionaries
- Define, create, combine, and debug functions
- Employ built-in functions
- Reuse a function with different data inputs
- Employ keyword and positional arguments
How Our Dictionaries, Frequency Tables, and Functions in Python Course Works
Through hands-on coding lessons, learners will master the basics of Python programming for data science. Most platforms teach via video-based lessons, especially at the beginner level. At Dataquest, we understand that in order to gain a truly competitive edge, you must begin coding at the start.
In order to take this course, learners must first complete our Variables, Data Types, and Lists in Python course and our For Loops and Conditional Statements in Python course. This will allow you to master key concepts such as defining default arguments, mutable and immutable data, and other tasks data analysts perform on a regular basis.
Another advantage of the Dataquest teaching method is our unique guided projects and practice problems. Both of these assets help improve your skills and expand your portfolio, which will improve your chances of impressing a hiring manager.
Finally, with Dataquest, you’ll never learn alone. We have a vast network of students and professionals who are eager to lend a helping hand. If our robust support tools and active community aren’t able to resolve your problems, we have a team of community managers on standby, ready to serve.
Here’s a glance at part three of our Python for Data Science Fundamentals course:
- This course consists of the four lessons listed below, which provide an introduction to data science using Python.
- You’ll write real code with dozens of practice problems to validate and apply your skills.
- At the end of the course, you’ll complete a guided project to reinforce your new knowledge and expand your portfolio.
- When you complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate that you can share with your professional network.
- Once you complete this course, you’ll be ready for more advanced Python courses.
- Engage with our friendly community of data professionals, get feedback on your projects, and keep building your skills.
Enroll in this Course to learn Python for Data Science Fundamentals!
Dictionaries, Frequency Tables, and Functions in Python Lessons List
Who Is This Course for?
This course can benefit virtually anyone. Whether you’re a beginner looking to get into the field or an intermediate user who wants to brush up on the fundamentals, you’ll find what you’re looking for right here.
Here are a few examples of people who might want to take advantage of this Python course:
- Students who just finished the first and second course
- College students in the data science field who want to be one step ahead of their peers
- People who want a career as a data analyst or data scientist
- People seeking remote work in one of the most in-demand industries in the world
- Anyone who works with data in telecommunication, finance, education, and healthcare
- Junior data scientists or data analysts who want to advance in their current position
- Students who want to develop a competitive portfolio to help them get hired
- Python users who want to fill in the blanks and brush up on the basics
Students Who Enrolled in this Course Also Enrolled in These:
If you want a complete learning experience, we recommend you enroll in our career paths. The following paths will take you from complete beginner to job-ready in less than a year:
However, if you simply want to expand your current skill-set — either to increase performance at your current job or to land a promotion — consider enrolling in the following skill paths:
Qualify for In-demand Jobs in Data Science with Python
Understanding data science fundamentals in Python can be beneficial for many different careers across a variety of industries. The skills you’ll learn in this course can help you start your journey to any of the following careers:
- Python developer
- Data analyst
- Data scientist
- Data engineer
- Business analyst
- Quality assurance engineer
- Financial analyst
- Software developer
- Python full stack developer
- GIS analyst
- Machine learning engineer
- Software engineer
- Biotech analyst