Exploring Ebay Car Sales Data
In this Pandas and Numpy Fundamentals course, you have learned and worked with two powerful Python libraries for data science: NumPy and pandas. Now it’s time to put that knowledge into action by completing a data analysis project!
In this project, we’ll work with a scraped dataset of used cars from eBay Kleinanzeigen, a classifieds section of the German eBay website.
eBay is a popular auctioning website where sellers can either auction off their items or sell their items to consumers directly. For this guided project, you’ll synthesize what we learned to practice data cleaning and data exploration using pandas.
Working on guided projects will give you hands-on experience with real-world examples, so we encourage you to not only complete them but to take the time to really understand the concepts.
These projects are meant to be challenging to better prepare you for the real world, so don’t be discouraged if you have to refer back to previous lessons.
As with all guided projects, we encourage you to experiment and extend your project, taking it in unique directions to make it a more compelling addition to your portfolio!
- Learn to clean and explore a dataset in a less guided way.
- Apply new pandas methods.
- Present your analysis to support your code.
- Cleaning Column Names
- Initial Exploration and Cleaning.
- Exploring the Odometer and Price Columns
- Exploring the date columns
- Dealing with Incorrect Registration Year Data
- Exploring Price by Brand
- Storing Aggregate Data in a DataFrame
- Next Steps