Star Wars Survey
In this project, you’ll be working with Jupyter notebook and analyzing data on the Star Wars movies.
Doing well on these projects is a bit different from doing well on the lessons, where there’s a “right” answer. In the guided projects, you’ll need to create solutions on your own (although we’ll be there to help you along the way).
Guided projects help you synthesize the concepts you learned in the Dataquest lessons and start building a portfolio. Guided projects provide an in-browser coding experience, along with help and hints. Guided projects bridge the gap between learning through the Dataquest lessons, and applying what you’ve learned on your own computer.
As with all guided projects, we encourage you to experiment and extend your project, taking it in unique directions to make it a more compelling addition to your portfolio!
We also recommend creating a GitHub repository and placing this project there. It will help other people see your work, including employers. As you start to put multiple projects on GitHub, you’ll have the beginnings of a strong portfolio.
- Learn to clean and map column values in pandas.
- Learn to compute summary statistics.
- How Guided Projects Work
- Cleaning and Mapping Yes/No Columns
- Cleaning and Mapping Checkbox Columns
- Cleaning the Ranking Columns
- Finding the Highest-Ranked Movie
- Finding the Most Viewed Movie
- Exploring the Data by Binary Segments
- Next Steps