Designing and Creating a Database
In this guided project, you’ll synthesize all the concepts you have learned in the previous lesson and apply them to designing, creating, and populating a normalized SQL database. Designing and creating normalized database tables is an essential skill for anyone in a Data Analyst or Data Scientist role.
Upon completion of this guided project, you’ll have a great showcase of a project that shows employers you know the most fundamental relational database concepts in any interview where you are asked about your knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Learn how to design a normalized database schema.
- Learn how to create normalized database tables.
- Learn how to import data into a database and transform it into normalized tables.
- Getting to Know the Data
- Importing Data into SQLite
- Looking for Normalization Opportunities
- Planning a Normalized Schema
- Creating Tables Without Foreign Key Relations
- Adding The Team and Game Tables
- Adding the Team Appearance Table
- Adding the Person Appearance Table
- Removing the Original Tables
- Next Steps