Decision Tree Modeling in Python [5 lessons]
Introduction to Decision Trees 2hLesson Objectives
- Define decision trees
- Identify the importance of entropy and information gain
Building a Decision Tree 1hLesson Objectives
- How to build a decision tree
- How the ID3 algorithm works
- How to make predictions using decision trees
Applying Decision Trees 1hLesson Objectives
- Train a decision tree model using scikit-learn
- Evaluate errors using AUC
- Reduce overfitting with decision trees
Introduction to Random Forests 1hLesson Objectives
- How to ensemble decision trees to improve prediction quality
- How to introduce variation with bagging
- How to reduce overfitting with random forests
Guided Project: Predicting Bike Rentals 1hLesson Objectives
- Create new features
- Apply different machine learning models
Projects in this course
Guided Project: Predicting Bike Rentals
Apply decision trees and random forests to predict the number of bike rentals.
The Dataquest guarantee
Dataquest has helped thousands of people start new careers in data. If you put in the work and follow our path, you’ll master data skills and grow your career.
We believe so strongly in our paths that we offer a full satisfaction guarantee. If you complete a career path on Dataquest and aren’t satisfied with your outcome, we’ll give you a refund.
Master skills faster with Dataquest
Go from zero to job-ready
Learn exactly what you need to achieve your goal. Don’t waste time on unrelated lessons.
Build your project portfolio
Build confidence with our in-depth projects, and show off your data skills.
Challenge yourself with exercises
Work with real data from day one with interactive lessons and hands-on exercises.
Showcase your path certification
Impress employers by completing a capstone project and certifying it with an expert review.