Dataquest is excited to announce that we’re launching an updated version of our Community Writers program!
This new program will give you an opportunity to share your data science skills with a massive audience, learn about effective data storytelling, get professional editing and design for one of your portfolio pieces, and earn some extra money to boot!
In our first Community Writers program, we asked for tutorials. With this one, we’re taking things a step further and publishing two articles from each accepted writer:
- A data science story that presents your project in journalistic, layman-friendly format
- A tutorial to teach other students something about how your analysis was performed.
If that sounds difficult, don’t worry — we’ll be there to guide and assist you at each step of the process to ensure that you’re proud of what you publish.
Here’s what you’ll get out of becoming a Community Writer:
- Your articles posted on our site and promoted to our social media followings and our 150k newsletter subscribers.
- Professional editing and design help to ensure your writing and data visualizations look professional.
- Help syndicating your story to an even broader audience
- A professionally-edit piece of data storytelling for your portfolio.
- US$150 for the first project we publish, US$250 for projects 2-4, and US$300 for any projects after that.
This article has more details on what we’re looking for, but if you’ve got an idea for an analysis that might produce interesting results, we’d like to hear from you, whether it’s in the field of sports, health, science, politics, entertainment, or pretty much anything else!
If you’re a Dataquest Premium subscriber, there’s even more good news: while anyone can submit a pitch through this new program, we’re going to give priority to Dataquest Premium subscribers.
We want to help you get your work out there in front of your fellow students, potential future employers, and the rest of the world!
If you're interested, get your submissions in soon — we'll stop accepting pitches for this round on June 19.