Our version 1.29 release is here and includes lots of new features to help enhance your learning experience.
Over the past few months we've been tirelessly talking to students like you to learn how we can improve the mission interface. With this release, we are unveiling the results of this hard work.
Other big changes in 1.29 include:
- Improved feedback for incorrect answers
- We now accept PayPal so international students can subscribe more easily
- Four new courses for our Data Scientist and Data Engineer paths
You can find a list of every new feature and bug fix at the bottom of this post.
New mission Interface
Our new mission interface is more streamlined, allowing you to focus on learning.
We've made it easier for you to scroll between code and instructions, so navigating missions is quicker.
Our new 'Get Help' menu below the code instructions shows you options when you get stuck, and also gives you access to a hint and the solution.
You told us that the split screen solution was difficult to work with, so we've moved the solution display to more easily compare your code to the answer.
It's easier to compare the solution, left, with your code
We've also moved our Q&A to make it easier to access, as well as moved our mission progress menu to the left side.
If you have feedback on this design, please let us know as we have lots more in-store!
Improved feedback for incorrect answers
One of the toughest things about learning to code is understanding where you went wrong. We've made improvements to the feedback we give you when your code is not correct.
Better feedback for incorrect answers.
- Showing feedback for all variables we check within a step
- Links to show you the variable state for each variable
- Explicit hints around incorrect variable types
- Better messaging when your code has a syntax error
We now accept PayPal
One of our most popular feature requests has been to allow PayPal as a payment method, to allow you more options to learn with us.
We're excited to now support PayPal as a payment method for new subscribers, making Dataquest more accessible to international students. If want to take advantage of this, you can Subscribe using PayPal now.
We've also launched four new courses in our Data Scientist and Data Engineer paths:
- Calculus for Machine Learning: Learn the calculus necessary for intermediate machine learning techniques like linear regression.
- Linear Algebra for Machine Learning: Learn the linear algebra necessary for intermediate machine learning techniques like linear regression.
- Linear Regression: Learn how to use create linear regression machine learning models.
- Recursion and Trees: Learn about recursion, tree data structures, and how to use them to improve data processing speed.
New in Version 1.29
The full list of features in today's release are below:
- A brand new mission interface design.
- We fixed a bug that that caused dead links in notifications that someone had answered or upvoted your Q&A question/answer.
- We Launched our Plus plan with Project reviews and mentorship.
- Improvements to the hints we give you when your code is incorrect.
- We launched our help center.
- We now accept PayPal for subscription payments.
- We updated our dashboard design, including new course icons.
- New Calculus for Machine Learning course.
- New Linear Algebra for Machine Learning course.
- New Linear Regression course.
- New Recursion and Trees course.
- Miscellaneous improvements to speed and reliability across the platform.
- Miscellaneous mission error corrections and bugfixes.
If you're interested in what's coming in the coming months:
- More improvements to the Dashboard including customized learning agendas
- New courses on SQL
- Ability to set learning goals and get a learning plan
- In-mission documentation
As always, we'd love to hear your feedback on what we should build next. If you have a great idea, e-mail us!