We're reaching out to update you all on the progress we've made during the month of September, and let you know about some exciting things that are just around the corner. On the menu for this month's update: a new course, new assessments, several new blog posts, and more!
- Get ready to sharpen those SQL skills! We released dozens of new practice exercises for SQL. With the additional SQL practice and final course and guided project, the SQL Fundamentals skills path is officially out of beta.
- New introductory R practice problems are now available as well, with more practice coming over the next several weeks.
- We have a couple of new blog posts as well. First, we published The Most Helpful Python Libraries for Data Cleaning, many of which are taught on the Dataquest platform. Data cleaning is one of the most important, time-consuming, and least sexy parts of the data science process. These libraries help simplify the lives of data cleaners.
- We recently interviewed Solange Van Der Kolff, a software engineer at Livit Orthopedie in the Netherlands. Take a look at Solange's story and how she leveraged Dataquest to solve important database migration problems at Livit.
- Starting a new learning journey can be overwhelming. To help new learners ease into their Dataquest experience, we added a dashboard widget outlining the first steps to take in that journey. These tasks will help new learners become familiar with the platform and all it has to offer.
- We now support purchasing subscriptions in CAD, GBP, EUR, and AUD! This means that if you live in Canada, UK, Australia, or any Euro-area country, you can now purchase a subscription in your local currency.
Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to improve the Dataquest learning experience!
Any suggestions? Feel free to post to our feedback board. I review each submission personally and really value your input. Thanks in advance.
P.S. We are looking for subject matter experts to help author new courses. Check out our careers page for more info.